Georgetown Cabins Resort utilizes eco-friendly design and innovation, w'ere completely solar powered facility.
Georgetown Cabins Resort utilizes eco-friendly design and innovation.
- Off-the-grid, solar power
- Water pumped from well to reserve tanks utilizing solar power. Water is then gravity fed from tanks to cabins.
- Recycled and natural materials used when practical (recycled brick, stones and concrete)
- Wet pond septic system
- On-site water reserve for fire protection
- The cabins are designed with energy efficiency, reduced carbon footprint and water conservation throughout.
- Super insulated exterior walls
- Low-e windows
- light colored, metal roof
- solar powered attic fan for roof ventilation
- energy star appliances
- total air flow designed interior walls and circulating fans
- low electrical consumption and low heat output LED lighting
- electronic ignition LP gas fireplace
- On-demand, electronic ignition, hot water heater
- electronic ignition gas cook top
- low flow water fixtures & faucets
- fire proof or retardant exterior materials
- recycling used where practical & available
- Low outside lighting for dark skies
Although we have a generator for back-up power if needed, our solar power system is designed to handle our expected needs.
The Solar System
- Designed and installed by Pete Noce of Positive Resources.
- 13 kilowatt solar array with a daily production of 65 kilowatts/hrs
- Outback power system capable of 14.4 kilowatts of continuous power
- 120/240AC split phase electric
- 1800 amp hour battery bank at 48 volts DC
- Solar system is backed up by Isuzu generator, 21 kilowatt/kba, 120/240 volt, 175/87.5 amps
- Solar Powered Water Pumping System