Guest Feedback + Experiences
Recent Guest Feedback 2016
- I give this place 5 Stars. We had a beautiful and spiritual time as my walk included a pilgrimage to San Lorenzo Church. The cabins were comfy, clean and peaceful. The hot tub was the perfect way to end each day. Our hostess Susie was very kind and organized. She made our stay so wonderful. Georgetown Cabins are my Grant County Sanctuary. P.S. I was highly impressed at how energy efficient your property is. I’m encouraged to try solar at my home. - California Gal
- The Gila Cliff Dwellings were amazing, and it’s wonderful to be able to go inside of them. The Catwalk was also breathtaking. Both are nice day trips and not a terribly far drive at all. Getting there is half the fun anyway, as there are so many lovely drives over area highways! It was a pleasure to stay with y’all again. You’re both a joy, really; it is so lovely out here. This weekend was exactly what we needed and for that we thank you. =) - Las Cruces folks
- Thank you for sharing your paradise. We had a great Valentine’s weekend and plan to come back next year. The water tastes great here and the wine was even better. Peace and Love to you both! Osceola, WI folks
- A perfect 4 nights! The two museums in Silver City are quite good. The ranger tour of the Gila Cliff Dwellings was worth the early start.
- Massachusetts folks
- I just wanted to thank you both again for a wonderful stay! This was a perfect trip for us. We originally booked in November to quietly celebrate 6 months since my husband’s bone marrow transplant. Our reschedule to February made it a 9-month celebration instead. Your place was clean and spotless, beautifully laid out and set-up for all our needs; it was the most perfect get-away we could have imagined with a view we will always remember. Thank you again for your wonderful hospitality. We hope to be back for a longer visit next time.
- Texas folks
- In 5 words or less: We don’t want to leave! We could not have asked for a more perfect spot for some R & R. The love and pride of what you’ve created here shown in every detail. Thanks for a wonderful visit. - Texas folks
- We loved it here and hope to come back. Enjoyed the peace, the views, and the quiet walks. - Oregon folks.
There is so much to do and see but we still managed to get a lot into the time we were at the cabins. We fished at Lake Roberts and Bear Canyon Lake. The lakes were beautiful and the scenery was even better. What a relaxing way to spend an afternoon. We drove up to the Cliff Dwellings for the scenery and to see what they were all about and will explore them on our next trip. We explored Silver City and ate at Diane’s. Their hamburgers were the best we’ve tasted in a long time and the chocolate cake was amazing. We love the area and are already planning a trip back real soon. - Las Cruces folks
We loved La Esperanza Winery. What a gem! Thanks! Thank you so much, your cabins made us feel like we were home. Wow!!! What can we say…. We loved our stay with you and are sure to return! Thank you sooooo much for your wonderful hospitality. - Tucson folks
- We enjoyed Allie Canyon Hike. Stay on the road to get to the hoodoos and Hightower’s grave. The Gila Ruins, Pinos Altos, “The Tree” (2nd largest Alligator Juniper) was absolutely awesome! Lots more to see and do! The cabin was wonderful! It was great to be able to cook in each night! We were too tired to go drive to a restaurant. We liked the fireplace, outdoor grill, leather couch, outside lounge chairs, all the books, etc. about Georgetown and the surrounding area. We read most all of them. Thanks so much.
- We went to La Esperanza Winery and we loved it! We also took the hike to the cemetery. We hiked Signal Peak – Great view at the top. We visited the cliff dwellings as well! Very eventful and it was all so beautiful. - Albuquerque folks
- Thanks for sharing your “little slice of paradise” with us. We had a wonderful time. - Colorado folks
- We just hung out around the cabin. We walked to the cemetery, but mostly enjoyed rest and relaxation! We had a great time and hope to come back in the future. p San Antonio, TX folks
- We had a wonderful time at your cabins and environs. So beautiful and peaceful. We did make it to Silvery City and purchased some Susieville meat to enjoy when we get back home. Thanks so much. - Rio Rancho, NM folks
- We had a great time. Thank you for accommodating us. We were very happy with the cabin and clean environment and plan to be back.
- Thank you for everything! We loved it! You have a great facility here. Loved the layout you created on the property. The cabin was laid out great. As an architect, I think you have great skill in design. Loved the solar soaking tub and solar you have for everything. We loved the Cliff Dwellings. Be the first to get there in the morning like we did. With that, the ranger gave a very interesting and private tour of the dwellings. We had a great breakfast at 3 questions coffee house. Georgetown is the best ghost town around. The history of it is amazing – right here at your door step. The catwalk was nice too.
- Thank you so much Susie – the cabins are fantastic and we have had a great time. Best Wishes, England folks
- The hiking is excellent. The area has so many options for adventures. There are many opportunities to see wildlife. The Silver City downtown area has really good shopping venues. Go visit the Little Toad Creek Brewery and you won’t be disappointed.
- Alamogordo folks, Repeat Offenders (visitors)
- We had another fantastic stay at your lovely cabins. We enjoyed the beauty of the mountains as we sat outside in the cool mountain air. We took a hike yesterday morning. It was so fun and we felt safe, as we could see the cabins in the distance and we knew we wouldn’t get lost. We also stopped at the cemetery this time. It’s so interesting. - Houston, TX folks
- We spent most of our time hiking around the old town site or prowling around Silver City. We highly recommend the Little Toad Creek Brewery’s grass-fed beef and craft beer! Yum! Also we really loved the La Cocina for HOT New Mexican food. We loved the peace and quiet. - Phoenix folks
- Had a wonderful stay! See ya again! (3rd time a charm and look forward to the 4th!) - Green Valley, AZ folks
- Everyone should take time to walk through the area where Georgetown existed and imagine what it was like to live there. Same with the cemetery down the road. Many good trails into the forest will make you think you are actually back in the 19th century! Mimbres is a great little town with friendly people and good places to eat. 3 Questions Coffee House at $6.50 all you can eat and the Mimbres Cultural Center should not be missed. Thank you for a peaceful respite from the loudness of Las Cruces and a billion stars to see at night were awesome. We will be back, Las Cruces Folks
- Georgetown Cabins is nirvana for those who appreciate solitude and nature. A comfortable, beautiful and serene setting. We enjoyed everything. Thanks to you and Jon for your foresight in preserving such a precious piece of the world. Wisconsin Folks
- There is a great yarn shop in Silver City, Yada-Yada-Yarn. We also enjoyed Diane’s Restaurant. We loved staying here and can’t wait to come back. El Paso Folks
- Loved everywhere we went and also just staying here in Georgetown and our cabin. The attention to detail of all/everything of the Georgetown Cabins is top notch! We did recommend this place already to others and will continue to do so. Pennsylvania Folks
- Thank you for letting us use your excellent cabin. We really enjoyed our stay. Glad we discovered your gem. Whales Folks
- We thoroughly enjoyed our brief visit and hike to the cemetery. Hope to be back! Fort Meyers, Florida Folks
- The Cliff Dwellings are a must! Go early to avoid strong winds and rain which can develop into the afternoon. The two museums in town were very informative and extremely helpful people. The Jalisco’s Café and Diane’s Bakery are great places to eat. The City of Rocks is worth the drive with a stop at Esperanza’s Vineyards. Rock hounders will love the exploring. Thank you for making our stay memorable. We will definitely be back. It was great to get out of the big city “Tucson, AZ” and enjoy the solitude and quiet. What a beautiful night sky. The cabin was furnished with everything we needed plus things we didn’t know we deeded! Thank you for all of your hard work. Tucson, AZ
- We visited two museums in Silver City. Very interesting history of the area! We ate at 3 Questions Coffee House. It is a great, unique place and super folks! As a 50 year construction worker, I am very impressed with thequality of the Georgetown Complex. Not handyman type construction as is so often the case with these remote places. This is the first time at a site producing all the electricity for its requirements using only solar. The cabins are well equipped with many thoughtful items not expected. You are great hosts. You stand out from the Pack! Thanks much! Fishers, IN
- Thanks again for another lovely stay. We had a GREAT time. Hope to see you in October. Albuqurque
- Thank you for the experience! We’ll come back soon! The Gila Cliff Dwellings are definitely worth the hike! The weather this weekend was lovely! Loved the mineral bath, very warm, and the designs in our cabin are very homey! We appreciated the silverware and other amenities as well! El Paso, TX
- We, unfortunately did not get to meet Jon. Susie, your warm welcome and sincere greeting upon our arrival started the week off on a perfect note. Framed on the wall in our home is one of our favorite poems. Here it is as close as we can recall:
Go into the mountains
Take no one with you
But your true self
Watch the clouds
And try to do that
With your life
**Susan Polis Schulte*
Members of our family recently enjoyed a get together at the Georgetown Cabins Resort near Silver City, NM. The family spent the month of March experiencing the beauty of the resort surroundings from their own private cabin, hiking the historical site of the old Georgetown mining town and the Gila National Forest. Day trips included the Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument, the Mimbres Valley winery tour and a day at the Thistle Dew Ranch owned and operated by the Georgetown Cabins Resort host and hostess, Jon and Susie Eickhoff. There were numerous days spent in Silver City enjoying the local art culture, antique shops and a great mix of Mexican and American fine dining, but the family’s favorite times were the days together relaxing in the sun on the resort patio and enjoying the beautiful star lit evenings in the hot tub laced with holistic Dead Sea Salt. Members of the family were from Houtson, TX; Holland, MI; West Olive, MI; and Kalamazoo, MI.
- We truly lived that this week at your lovely Resort Cabins. Thank you so much for everything. We had lunch at the 3 Questions Coffee House (Good), Chino Mine Observation Point, Saturday downtown (old town), Silver City shops, market place, farmers’ market, Fort Bayard National Cemetery, Pinos Altos Buckhorn Saloon and Opera House. Lunch Tuesday at Wrangler’s Bar and Grill (Good) where we met your friends Debbie and Jim who asked how you were doing and to say hello. We also visited Georgetown Cemetery. Prescott, AZ
- There aren’t enough adjectives to describe how much we enjoyed our stay in the Brannin Cabin. From the cabin itself, the beauty and serenity, the historical literature provided, and the warm welcome we received. An unforgettable experience. You have thought of everything. Prescott, AZ
- This is our 4th stay at Georgetown Cabins – fabulous as always! We had lunch at 3 Questions Coffee House – excellent food and modest prices. We visited the MImbres Heritage Center – very interesting. Of course, we were here for the Gila Rangers SASS Cowboy Action Match – Geronimo Trail. Tijeras, N
- This is the nicest place we’ve ever stayed! What a delicious location and you have equipped this great cabin magnificently. Thanks for all your hard work in keeping the history for this place alive and sharing it with others so respectfully of the earth. We will definitely be back! Bisbee, AZ
- Thank you for everything. We enjoyed our stay and will be back. Silver City
P.S. The 3 Questions Coffee House was great!
- We enjoyed our stay very much. It was a quiet, serene and peaceful place to be with beautiful mountain views and we saw 3 rainbows. The air is clean and crisp. We had all we needed here. Great hospitality. Illinois
- This place is a little piece of heaven! We enjoyed our stay so much! The sunrises, sunsets, hikes, magical scenery out front (waking up to it every morning WILL be missed!) The soaking tub was very nice as well. Down town Silver City has a fun strip to walk full of ethnic stores and good food! We ate at the Three Rosat Café and the food was very good and they offered great beer if you enjoy good beer! We had Murphy’s Street and it was amazing! People are very nice, relaxed and the area was very enjoyable. We’re going to miss hearing “Gloria” the mooing all day. LOL! It was great fun watching the herd and seeing them wander. They aren’t fond of close up pics, but we got a couple. Thank you so much for sharing such a treasure for all to experience. We will be back soon. Alamogordo - A.K.A. Repeat Offender Group
- Another fantastic time at your beautiful cabins! Everything was perfect. Thank you so much for all the perfect ways you make our stay. It’s never long enough. Texas
- Thank you for sharing your blessings of these cabins. It was very restful and a beautiful stay. We enjoyed our meals out here and also the many surroundings. My husband and daughter-in-law enjoyed their adventures out in the old town site. Most of all, we enjoyed the mineral spa. It was an awesome 5 days. We will be back. We celebrated my husband’s and son’s birthday also July 29, 2015! Thanks again and take care. God Bless You! Tucson, AZ
- We wanted to let you know that we really did enjoy ourselves at Georgetown Cabins Resort. Some time was spent reviewing all the research you did on the local history. We explored the terrain around the cabins and picked up some unique trinkets, which we placed on the rock out front of our cabin. It was nice to get up in the morning and enjoy the view, solitude and the critters. We were very impressed with your whole facility being off the grid and operating off of solar power. However, my husband’s favorite, besides the history, was your salt water hot tub. Thanks again for a great, relaxing experience. South Carolinians
- Thank you guys so much. The Georgetown Cabins are amazing. We felt like we were at home in this cute little cabin. We enjoyed our stay. The soaking tub was pretty relaxing. This is going to be an anniversary my husband and I will never forget. Thanks you guys once again. Santa Clara Folks
- We enjoyed the Cliff Dwellings, historic downtown, Georgetown Cemetery and hike, Bear Canyon Lake, Elk X-ing Café, and the mineral spa at the cabins. I also enjoyed reading about Madam Millie which was filled with local color and history. We want to express our gratitude for a peaceful, restful and romantic getaway. Your cabin was private, cozy and very clean. We loved being here. Thank you so much! Tucson folks